FIMF – Origin and purpose
FIMF – Italian Federation of Model Railways
The Italian Federation of Railway Modellers Railway and Amateurs – FIMF – founded in Genoa July 19, 1953, as a free and voluntary national association, has for its main purpose to promote, support and spread in Italian interest in the Railways and any other means of rail transport, both in modelling as well as real and the in the related knowledge of their various aspects.
The Federation can be joined by both individuals as well as group members affiliated with FIMF (see list groups FIMF) .
Its house-organ is the ” FIMF Bulletin ” , representing the voice of all the members and published every two months.
The FIMF aims are :
- to bring together all fans for real and miniature railways , building and strengthening the bonds of friendship between modellers and amateurs, promoting and facilitating meetings and exchanges of ideas and news also in order to cooperate with sister Associations in foreign countries having similar purposes ;
- to stir, especially among young people, the interest in model railways and real railroads ;
- to raise awareness of the work of the most talented model builders or model railways for the purpose of emulating and encouraging a broad exchange of information ;
- to spread awareness of the problems concerning railways , both real ones and miniature, through continuous technical updating ;
- to promote the unification of the technical characteristics of rolling stock ;
- to publish on the bi-monthly magazine “Bulletin FIMF ” articles, new data , communications and suggestions of members , who want to collaborate
because the railroad is the best mean of transport and the model railway the very best hobby.